Friday, January 16, 2009

We're totally going to go to Colicchio's place

Planning a wedding is kind of a drag. So far, I've nailed down the tent guy and the caterer and the photographer. I think we have a bartender. We still have lots of odds and ends to take care of. I understand now why people have wedding planners.

Anyway, it's much more fun planning the honeymoon. Right now, it's looking like 3 days in NYC and then a week in Turks and Caicos. Pretty fucking awesome. We're currently selecting restaurants in New York where we want to go. In T&C, I figure we'll pretty much just exist on whatever fruit they put into a mai tai.

Happy Friday, everyone!

If I admit to watching The Real World, would you think less of me? That's OK, because I have to get this out: this new season SUCKS. It's like they went out of their way to find the most boring people they could. I mean, c'mon, you've got a transgendered person and a Mormon guy who's gayer than Christmas but thinks he's straight and the obligatory tatted-up San Francisco barista activist, and it's still fucking boring? Take me back to the days when they just casted a bunch of really hot people and then let the free booze flow. Yes, Las Vegas, aka the Best Season Ever.

OK. Heading out into the 72-degree late-January heat to give a speech in Berkeley, then meeting Super Hot Irish Girlfriend for drinks and dinner back in civilization. Have a good weekend!

No comments: